Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update: Hooray for Holiday Baking!

Dear peoples of the world,

I know. What am I doing here? I've shamefully ignored this blog, failed to post ANY recipes, or even update you that my stomach (and the rest of me) resided in another state this year because I did the thing most 18-year-olds do.

I grew up.

Ok, not really. I just headed off to college...which, oh by the way, I loved. 

Like seriously, y'all. I had countless meltdowns about essays, deadlines, being busy, and enduring finals, but I utterly love college!

Except, the not being able to cook very much bit. And eating mostly in dining halls.

Yeah...still, I managed to bake twice this semester, and while both times were at an absurdly late/early time in the evening/morning (it was after midnight, 'kay?), I did bake.

Granted, both times were in the last two weeks of school, but...I'll take the victories I can get.

Anyways...the point of all this is to explain I had a fabulous reason for not posting and that I'm back! I'm back home, where the stove isn't a floor and four doors down away from me, I don't have to lug ingredients down a flight of stairs and into another part of the building - oh, and the grocery store's just down the street from me.

Just call me blissfully happy.

And, and, AND - it's Christmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

That means it's cookie time and holiday treats time and all the magical, lovely, tantalizing scents and sounds of the holiday season-time.


And eggnog. Can't forget eggnog - because that's definitely the most important thing about Christmas.

Clearly.

But in all actuality  I'm extremely excited. I love food period, but I especially love all the treats, goodies, and dishes that appear in November and December.


(Rasberry chocolate chip banana nut bread)

 Some of the ideas bouncing around in my head?

Pb chocolate cups,

red velvet anything,


eggnog smoothies,

 peppermint hot chocolate,


gingerbread,

chocolate chip scones,


 and cookies.


Every cookie you can think of.


 Just...yes.

I think if I was paid to do nothing but bake holiday treats, I would be happy forever.


What's on your holiday baking list? I'm thinking Emma's amazing Nutella cinnamon rolls or Mama Pea's Eggnog Scones for breakfast on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts