Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: An Early Start and Sweet End

Hello! Popping in for a quick What I Ate Wednesday, hosted as always by the fabulous Jenn over at Peas and Crayons!




Last night was...interesting. I didn't get very much sleep (lots on my mind), so I was up literally at the crack of dawn, typing away and working on a few posts. It was absolutely freezing inside and pouring down rain outside, so I had two mugs of an old favorite: Twinings Irish Breakfast tea. I headed off to morning Mass and came back cold and ready for breakfast. 

Eats:

I was thisclose to breaking out my last can of pumpkin left over from the fall so I could make pumpkin oatmeal, but I figured it'd be sunny and bright in the next few days...and pumpkin's such a fall food for me. I didn't want it going to waste. So I opted for classic whipped banana oatmeal with egg whites and chia seeds for some extra protein.



 Topped with Wild Squirrel Sneaky Cinnamon Almond Butter (my favorite), plus more cinnamon and chopped apple!


Iced coffee with a splash of 2% Horizon milk on the side...


Behold the photograph-taking beauty of my little sister's new camera. 


She saved up her money and splurged on a Canon Rebel. Yes, she's 12. And she has a fancy camera - not just any camera, but a Canon Rebel - before I do. The injustice! Although..I spent my money on a laptop for college, so it's not that I didn't have the funds. 

But, because she's an awesome little sister and my best friend, she's sweetly given me permission to use it. (I wonder if she realizes just HOW much I'm going to be taking her up on her offer, hehe.)


I'm in love.....



Head over heels in the mirror. (Holla for messy top knots!)

After breakfast, I turned to what's now my favorite part of my morning routine: reading the Word, quiet time with God, and journaling what's on my heart. Some amazing women started a Bible study devotional called #SheReadsTruth - and it has truly been so good for my soul. The first devotional was called "Soul Detox."



My word...each day was so convicting and stirred me more than the previous one. God was definitely moving my heart! We - a group of women online {Join us!} - are now on our second study, "Living A Surrendered Life" and it's even better than the Soul Detox, which I didn't think was possible. Each morning, I go to the You Version app on my iPhone where it lists the Scripture for that day, read it in my Bible, and then  spend some time contemplating the devotion/questions that accompany the Scripture that day. 


I journal what struck me in a special way, whatever I'm struggling with, or thoughts on the passage and snap a picture for Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #SheReadsTruth. It's the same nourishment for my soul that these healthy eats are for my body. :)

Fitness: 

No workout today...I was absolutely exhausted, so I did some of this before lunch (although not long enough). I'm a firm believer in not working out if your body doesn't feel up to it - and it just wasn't going to happen today. After a brief doze, I woke up ready for lunch!


Scrambled egg, spring mix, feta cheese, hot sauce, zucchini, and avocado on a brown rice English muffin with the rest of the apple from breakfast on the side. Sounds like Operation "Clean-Out-The-Fridge" but the flavors worked. Eggs are so versatile, you can pair them with almost anything: apple + cheddar, Swiss and raspberry jam with spinach, avocado and mustard, etc. 

I had half of the egg on the sandwich and the rest as a side salad.


Dinner somehow escaped the camera, but it was a plain Chobani Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries with a spoonful of more Wild Squirrel nut butter.

Dessert? More yogurt! This time of the frozen variety. 


Chocolate, old-fashioned vanilla, and a bit of pb with fruit, nuts, chocolate chunks, and honey. And of course, plenty of water all day. 

I'm off to have a bit of fruit or glass of milk, but that's the eats for today! That being said, I'm feeling a sugar overload from the past few weeks, so I plan on eating very clean this weekend, like a mini-detox almost. Just lots of fruits + veggies, protein, and a break from sweets. Just a short one, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts