Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday



{Considering it's Friday, I'm a few days behind with this "What I Ate Wednesday" post.

Oh well. Better late than not at all...and this was a reallllly delicious Wednesday! WIAW courtesy, as always, of Jenn over at Peas and Crayons}


Breakfast was quick since we're heading out the door, but I nibbled on some apple slices with a spoonful of Wild Squirrel Nut Butter (love it - review coming soon!) and a glass of milk. No picture = fail. I was still sleepy at that point since we were up and at 'em early. 

We did some road tripping to Lafayette which contains the only closest Great Harvest to me. Needless to say, I knew what I was having for lunch. Kath's blog (she and her husband Matt own one in Virginia) introduced me to what may be the best. Bread. Ever. I love the values behind the company: great bread, healthy living, savoring sweet treats, and being a part of the community!




I was greeted by the famous Naturally Nutty nut butters and jellys as soon as I walked in the door. They were so adorable I wanted to take several of  them home with me!



Have you ever seen a cuter "bun"? I mean, seriously. ;) Too adorable for words!


Scones! Not just any scones...cinnamon chip scones. Be still, my scone-and-butter-loving heart. I have no idea how I walked without one! *tear*


Zuuuuuuucchini! 

Everything smelled - and looked - scrumptious. It was bread heaven, with cinnamon rolls, cookies, biscotti, shelves and shelves of loaves in every flavor imaginable, muffins, bars...the list goes on. Best of all? Free samples! I sampled morsels of a carrot and raisin bread, Savannah bar, something that was chocolately, gooey, and to die for, and a slice of Pesto Whole Wheat and Cheddar Jalepeno...all of which somehow escaped the camera's eye. 

Whoops. 

Rest assured, it was delicious.  


They had a bevy of salads, sandwiches, and paninis, so I had some difficulty deciding, but I settled on a sandwich (what else would I get at a bakery?). I opted for the Mediterrean Madness: veggies, hummus, avocado, and spinach on Whole Wheat Foccia with an extra side of hummus. Since I'm a hummus addict and whatnot. 



My sandwich - so good. Very fresh! After the car ride, I wanted some veggies and this delivered. 




I agonized over whether to get something with coffee in it (I'd been fasting from coffee; plus, there was a good bit of bread consumed by that point, so I wasn't sure if I'd have room). After much internal debate, I completely caved [ I think God understood that day!] and got an iced mocha. 
Ohhhhhhhhhh. My. Stars. This may have been my favorite component of lunch. 
It made me happy. 


After I paid for my iced coffee, the cashier handed us a gigantic free cookie.  Chocolate chip oatmeal, to be exact. 
So. Good. 
If you're ever at a GH, make sure you try this! I loved this cookie (literally) to pieces: it was warm, crisp and chewy around the edges, just how I like my cookies. It had the perfect amount for my sweet tooth and nothing more, unlike most cookies that give you a sugar rush. Once I lost weight and started eating healthier, my sugar tolerance changed, so I loved that the cookie wasn't too sweet!

We did waited a good bit just for one sandwich, which was odd since it wasn't very busy (we went after lunch rush) and there were only a few other customers waiting. Either way, everyone there was extremely friendly and welcoming - and we got a free cookie. :)

We hit the road to head home and made a brief stop along the way to pick up dinner. Some friends gave us fresh fish from our orthodontist (he loves to fish). Which meant only one thing for dinner:


 Fish + feta tacos! Along with an upcoming recipe. They were promptly inhaled. Perfect end to a day of good eats!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated WIAW love! Updated the party so you're on there too! <3 mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much, Jenn! So sweet of you! Had oodles of fun participating for the first time...can't wait for next week. I'll be on schedule! ;)

      Delete
  2. Mmm I love hummus sandwiches so much! Agreed, GH has some of my favorite bread anywhere:) and free samples; what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hummus = LOVE. They are some of the best sammies. Glad to hear you're a GH fan too!

      Delete

Recent Posts