Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Planning Meals that are Quick, Easy, and Unbelievably Scrumptious

Heeeeellooooooo!

Yes, I am aware that it has been terribly long since my last update, but that's Life, no?

Anyhoo, tonight I thought I'd post some of my favorite breakfasts...and lunches. And dinners. One of my favorite things to do is plan my meals - it saves so much time that can be wasted in the "What-do-I-eat?" moments...also, it's just plain fun, because then I look forward to that day all week, because then I'll get to eat that day's dish! :)


These lovely girls, Elisabeth and Ariel, are two of my closest friends. Not only do we love the same books, clothes, movies, etc, but they (and their amazing family) are total foodies, like me! Cake is beloved by all three of us. ;) I told Ariel I'd do a post on meals, so here goes.

I'll start off with breakfast...

I usually have a yogurt bowl - Greek yogurt with banana, apple/any fruit, granola or raw oatmeal, flaxseed and wheat germ, plus nut butter.



This baby is a grilled banana sandwich, which Caitlin at HTP created - french toast sammie with a grilled banana in between...I added some almond butter too



SIAB - known as Smoothie In A Bowl. Kath came up with this - I love it because it's so fun to have smoothies in different ways: bowls, cups, mugs, jars....the possibilities are endless. :)


Oooooats! My one true love...


Recipe~ 'Cause Ariel asked - just for you, girl... ;)

1/4 cup of oatmeal
1/2 milk, 1/2 cup water
1 tsp. flaxseed
1 tsp. chia seeds
pinch of sea salt

Stir together in small pot over med-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes until oatmeal looks nearly done. Throw in a splash (1 tsp.) vanilla and a few shakes of cinnamon. Add half a sliced banana and stir quickly to "whip" your oats together. Pour in a bowl, top with almond butter or pb...Mmmmm. Heaven in a bowl. granola and dried cranberries/blueberries are also amazing. :)


Hehehe...this was a more decadent bowl of oats - in a nearly empty Nutella jar! :D

1/2 of whole wheat waffle -recipe from Ariel's and Elisabeth's mom!- with banana, granola, and ab, and a grapefruit + milk on the side



Whole wheat English muffin with ab, pomagranant arils, coconut, and banana


So I hope you have a few different ideas for breakfast now. These are only a few of my favorites - there's sooo many more. The best part? You have all the mornings of the rest of your life to try them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts