Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hurts So Good

I'm in pain as I type this, but it's the pain that hurts in a good way! I'm still sore from the gym class and some gentle but challenging stretching/yoga today.

Rewind to yesterday!

I wanted a cold lunch that I could whip up quickly. Enter pb banana smoothie! I love these and I used to make them all the time, but I haven't had one in a while.

Recipe: (for Ariel - hope you're reading, girl! ;) )
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp. chia seeds (flaxseeds are great too)
2 T. Peanut Butter Co. pb
1 small banana

It reminded me of a light version of a Pb Blizzard or Frosty! I had an orange on the side but I threw it away after the first bite - it was sour! :P

I met up with Ariel and Kilah, two dear friends, for a costume meeting for Romeo and Juliet, followed by a girls' night at Bekah's, another friend! We all brought something edible and tasty. I brought a quinoa spinach salad with cranberries, feta cheese, mushrooms, and bell peppers as well as cucumber slices. Bekah also had hot dogs as the main dinner, but because I don't eat meat on Fridays (I'm Catholic), I had baked beans, salad, a plum, apple slices, cuc, bell peppers with hummus, and a pb chex mix that Ariel's mom made.


After we swam in Bekah's pool, giggled, talked, and stayed up til 4:30 watching movies, we awoke to make smoothies for breakfast. Bekah's mom dubbed me the Smoothie Queen and Bekah insisted I make smoothies for everyone, which I was happy to oblige! Some of the ones I whipped up were: blueberry-peach, chocolate banana pb, strawberry chocolate, and a raspberry blueberry strawberry. Lots of lovely different, bright colors! :)

Mine was a green monster with peaches, blueberries, and strawberries, although there wasn't enough spinach to make it green! It came out a periwinkle violet that looked nasty but tasted wonderful! I topped it with Galaxy Granola (which I adore) and a travel pack of Peanut Butter & Co. ; the toppings sunk to the bottom but they were there and delicious!

After I got home, I ran around doing last minute packing, ironing, and mending/sewing for our vacation. I made a small mozzarella and tomato grilled cheese sammie on La Madeleine bread and slapped the inside with hummus. Finger-lickin' good! I couldn't stop "Mmmmm"ing, even though it was a little burnt.

I wasn't too hungry because I had breakfast late, but I knew I needed something to sustain me during my work shift - I worked 12-4:30.

I got home a little before 5 , retreated to my room, put on the P&P soundtrack, dimmed the lights and did a solid hour of yoga. It felt so good but I know more would be even better - my muscles are still tight but I do feel a little more loose. :)

Dinna was cuc + eggplant with hummus, leftover quinoa salad, corn and fish.


I love this salad...it's very fresh and light but packed with protein from the quinoa and feta cheese!

I drizzled the fish - flounder- with a wee bit of olive oil, pepper, garlic, onion powder and cumin, wrapped it in foil and baked it at 350 for 17 minutes.

A scrumptious summery dinner. :) Afterward, I had a piece of toast with homemade blackberry jelly (that I helped make!), put my feet up, and read some blogs. Bliss....


I had grand plans to be in bed with lights out at 9, but then my mom called and informed me we were departing at 4 in the morning so of course I had to run to the grocery store to stock up. I am packing TONS of food to take to Disney World. I'm not sure what the selection (read: theme park food) will be, but something tells me it will be interesting. I definitely want to come prepared with my healthy options rather then be forced to choose between things that I really don't want to eat....So, now I'm fully stocked, packed and ready to go - er, at least my food is. I still need to zip the suitcase containing my clothes shut. And figure out what shoes I'm wearing, 'cause flip flops are fine for Disney World, right?

Right?

Oh dear. My poor feet. You have no idea the pain that awaits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts