Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feeling French

Today started out calmly at home and then took off in the afternoon. I'm just now catching my breath!

Did some school earlier, then grabbed a quick (for me!) hodgepodge lunch. I threw together a La Madeleine-inspired spinach salad with mushrooms, bell peppers, and strawberries. I added feta cheese and a homemade herb-ish dressing that was delicious!

1/3 cup of Dijon or stone ground mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 T. red vinegar
pepper to taste - you could also add salt but it was excellent without it. It had a delightfully earthy taste that was tangy without being overwhelming; this would probably be great for an Italian garden salad.

I had some cuc with hummus on the side, and cottage cheese with chia seeds and butterscotch chips for some sweetness, as well as the last of the chocolate Silk soymilk. Trying to clear out the fridge before we head to Disney World this weekend! Did I mention we were going on our family vacation? ;)

I had a slice of La Madeleine's 7-Grain bread, toasted and spread with tahini (sesame seed nut butter) and agave nectar to cut the bitterness.


I spent the remainder of the afternoon at our homeschool yearbook signing which was hectic but terribly fun...it was so nice to see everyone again. Went straight from that to an insane class at the gym - lunges, squats, mountain climbs, push-ups, weights, and abs. I left, cherry-faced and happily drenched with sweat, but feeling on top of the world. I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow during ab class! I love intense workouts...I may look, sound, and feel like I'm going to die during them, but I love 'em! :)

Came home from the gym and wanted something quick, nutritious, and filling. Enter the quintessential French omelet. :) I felt so deliciously European... Oh eggs, I love you so. Why have I ignored you? You are so versatile, protein-packed, and cooked in a matter of minutes. Cage-free, grain fed egg omelet with field greens, mushrooms, and soy cheese inside, spread with hummus and hot sauce. If there's one thing I learned from Jenna, it's that hummus (and hot sauce!) go with everything. ;)

I had some fresh veg on the side because I was craving it and trying to finish off my produce.

To complete my meal, I broke into this bad boy that I picked up at the vitamart today with my mom: Cacao nibs!! A Mayan superfood that I've heard and seen so much about in the blog world.


I made a small Green Monster with almond milk, kale, banana, cinnamon, vanilla, and topped it with some nibs and Galaxy Granola which I also loved and have been waiting to try. Added some gums to make it ice cream-y. Hit. The. Spot.


In my pjs and happily heading to bed - I've got Southwest on the mind for breakfast...hi ho, Silver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts