Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Viewpoint in a New Year

So......I've lost the weight. Yep. Yep, I have. I've slimmed down and I'm so, so very happy. But then once November hit, life became so busy and hectic and crazy at work that we weren't able to exercise for the last two months. We did make it to the gym, true, but we weren't able to walk everyday. And then a little thing called stress came along and became my new best friend. My hair started falling out - it's much thinner now -, and a few other things happened.

I feel like God has really been speaking to me lately, telling me not worry and to trust Him.

Trust.

That's a big word. Even bigger for a 16-going-on-17 yrd who wants everything laid out so she knows just want she has to do. I'm a list-maker, a worrier, a I-need-to-do-this-and-that-and-work-really-hard-so-this-will-happen-person. :) But then I go to Mass, and I kneel before the One who loves me most and I know deep in my heart that it doesn't matter. That all I'm really doing is kneeling before God, and instead of thanking Him for allowing me to slim down, I'm upset and demanding for more - to be perfectly toned and fit...to have little to no "body fat". To be in great shape.

And you what He says? "Look at you. I created you in My image and likeness. My light shines within you. You are a living Tabernacle for me, just as my holy Mother was....do you not see how meek and humble she was? How overcome with joy to be a living Tabernacle? You, my daughter, are given the same blessing. You receive Me into your soul and carry Me with you in your heart. Why would you be ashamed of the body I have given you?

You are beautiful in My eyes....when will you realize, little one, that the eyes of the world do not matter? Be still, and know that I am God. And that You are beautiful, for I made you."

And really, what more could a girl ask for? :)

So this year, I'm looking at myself with new eyes. I see a girl who is strong and energetic, happy and in shape. A girl who looks exactly how God intended her too...and I think that is a very beautiful thing indeed.

8 comments:

  1. Love ya, Grace! Everything you've said is true, and you're so wise for realising it. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Clare darling! I thought about you last night and how busy you must be. I'm so happy you're having a wonderful time at TAC! We need to write one another again...I know you're exceedingly busy, but I still just want to write - it's perfectly alright if you're not able to reply. :)

    Thank you again, Clare...part of it is God nudging me, and part is from the sweet inspiration of other young ladies such as yourself!

    Much love,
    Grace

    P.S. You're my first commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Precious,
    I must say, you are realizing at 16 what I am still struggling with at 40-something.It is what HE thinks that matters. And yet, I still want it all mapped out, perfectly scheduled, precisely executed...and I want to be the perfect one doing it all. You know, the tall, thin, amazingly fit mom of four. And what you said is so true, we are all beautiful in His eyes just the way we are. We should always strive to be the best we can be, but that does not mean perfection. Only One was/is perfect.

    I am so blessed to watch you and K grow into such beautiful young women, and I have the added blessing of knowing that you are both just as stunning on the inside as the outside.

    Love you!
    Ms. Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm your first follower!

    And yes, you are beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracie, you are a beautiful young lady who should never be ashamed of how you look! I wish I was as in shape as you are. Keep smiling, dear.

    ~Auntie Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Precious/Kimberly,
    Thank you for your sweet words - they helped uplift my spirits even more. :) Pretty much every day is a struggle in someways, depending on whether I walk, or what I eat, In the end, it's about being healthy and taking care of the body God gave me.

    Beauty will fade, and no one can ever really be "thin" forever. Life happens...and I think God didn't make us to be all skin and bones. I do think that all girls and women have been made to feel ugly and fat and horrible by the glossy world of celebrities and models. I couldn't believe how every single friend I mentioned it to, went, "Yes, I do have acne!" or "Ha, my hair's horrible!" "I'm too skinny"(Don't we wish we had that problemo??)

    I'm saddened that myself and so many girls/women feel like there's something wrong with them because we're not drop dead gorgeous and thin. But you know what, Ms. K? You have an amazing husband who's in love with you, plans on spending the rest of his life with you, and thinks you're more beautiful than any other woman.

    You're definitely a daily inspiration - you look beautiful and SO fit and "svelte"! ;) And as for perfect, you're on the way! Won't Heaven be glorious? :D I'm blessed to know you and K...thanks for raising such a sweet daughter who shines with beauty inside and out. 'Tis a blessing to grow with her. Thank Ms. Kimberly! *hugs*

    Mamma Rose ~ Yay, you are! Oh, thank you thank you! *smiles* I look like my Mamma! =)

    Auntie Vicky~ I thought of you today and how beautiful, kind, sweet and funny you are...I'm so happy and blessed to have gotten to meet you. And you are in PERFECT shape!! What are you talking about?? Lol...you have the most loving Bridegroom, who knows just how beautiful you are. :)

    Thank you, darling Auntie! I will keep smiling - thanks for making me smile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmmm. funny how we know some of the same folks!!!
    ****Hi,Kimberly!!!****

    Grace- what a sweet and wise post!!!!
    There's so little happiness in the temporal things- real beauty radiates from very deep within- it's irresistable!
    I love your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Autumn!!! Hello, and many thanks for stopping by! You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw your comment and I hoped it was the same Autumn I knew. And lo and behold, you are! :)

    Very funny...first Ms. Marilyn, now Ms. Kimberly!

    Thank you so much for your warm comment, and for stopping by! I'm starting to realize how little happiness in temporal things there are indeed. Oh, why thank you again, very much. I'm so glad you love them! :) How did you find me, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts